Thursday, February 23, 2006

Intrigue in the office... part 2

Well, it turns out the rumours were true. Today we had a meeting where major organizational changes were announced. What directly affects me is that the platform I work in is merging with another platform. Two things resulting from this is that 1) we just got a new manager, and I rather like the current one since she can joke around and doesn't just care solely about idiotic statistics they made up to measure our efficiency; 2) there is now a big unknown on how the work process may change. In the next few months or even more, it's suspected that nothing will actually change. Now why would they make a change like this if nothing is changing? Well, higher management always needs something they can use to congratulate themselves for great leadership in case things go right. A few examples include changing our product name every few years (now on the 4th), changing the business unit name (4th on this one as well), and shuffling the organization structure (2nd or 3rd on this one)... Anyhow, I guess I will find out soon enough what the new manager is like.

Nothing too eventful for the rest of the day. At least it's almost the weekend. Looking forward to just relaxing and getting some rest. Maybe I should do some catch up on photo stuff too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home