Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mo' Money.... not

System down.... $100,000+ loss per hour
Emergency on-site servicel.... $595 (+taxes) per hour
Time I spent on-site.... 6+ hours
Money I will see.... $0
The joys of work... priceless

Anyhow, last night was a bit out of the norm as a customer wanted to get someone onsite to make sure things go okay. Sounded like an easy situation at first, but it just snowballed from there. Trying to explain to a director and a CIO what happened is great fun when one knows only part of what happened. Oh well, I survived and made it home just before midnight.

Work today was not so bad other than trying to get some more information regarding what happened yesterday, and working on some other problems. Nothing too exciting which is nice. I get to work just half day tomorrow and work from home too! Woot!!! Maybe I will try and get online to witness the AQ opening... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home