Weekend ramblings
Well well well, the WBC is almost at an end and it will be Cuba versus Japan. Japan managed to salvage the most important game against Korea and took it 6-0 to advance onto the finals. It will be an interesting game for sure tomorrow night. Of other baseball news, I am sure the Jays were pretty scared when their prized (and very expensive) pitcher AJ Burnett left the spring game after the second inning... That would have been a pretty big bust, and still could be if it's any more serious than what they are reporting. Can't wait for the season to start in April. Hurray for baseball! :-)
On entertainment related notes, I went to watch V for Vendetta and I thought it was an entertaining movie that offers some points for one to ponder on. I think people (critics) take movies too seriously these days. Isn't the whole point for it to be a form of entertainment? Oh well, just my personal view that it's nice to escape into sometimes the idealistic and optimistic world/view that movies offer instead of trying to relate it back to real life. Oh yeah, I also heard the supposed leaked internet version of the Mission Impossible III song that Kanye West worked on... If you are interested, just search for Impossible on the net. Kind of has a bit of some 007 feel to parts of it, but the general sound is still a bit hard to tie it into the movie in my opinion.
Anyhow, time to get ready for another week of work and catching up on administrative matters. Oh the joy never ends...
On entertainment related notes, I went to watch V for Vendetta and I thought it was an entertaining movie that offers some points for one to ponder on. I think people (critics) take movies too seriously these days. Isn't the whole point for it to be a form of entertainment? Oh well, just my personal view that it's nice to escape into sometimes the idealistic and optimistic world/view that movies offer instead of trying to relate it back to real life. Oh yeah, I also heard the supposed leaked internet version of the Mission Impossible III song that Kanye West worked on... If you are interested, just search for Impossible on the net. Kind of has a bit of some 007 feel to parts of it, but the general sound is still a bit hard to tie it into the movie in my opinion.
Anyhow, time to get ready for another week of work and catching up on administrative matters. Oh the joy never ends...

1 Comments:
yaaay! Japan won! :) That was exciting! ...though I'm very very VERY sleep deprived today...
Post a Comment
<< Home