Neverlost vs Everlost, tied at 1
Well well well, first day I am supposed to arrive at IBM before 8 to pick up my badge I end up getting lost twice. I will chalk it up to a loss for the navigation system since I couldn't find IBM either as an address/intersection or as a point of interest. It didn't help that the printed directions I had led me right into a road closure as I exited the parking lot... Anyhow, it was all good as my contact waited for me at the main lobby. The IBM facility in Rochester is huge (covering 3.6 million square feet per their literature) and definitely easy to get lost in!!!
The internship is interesting and so far it's all hands-on with me setting up some hardware/software and going through the process a customer would go through during regular updates and maintenance. I doubt there will be enough of this for me to do for the two weeks though!
After work I came back to the hotel for a nap and headed out for dinner. The "mall" near the hotel was pretty much deserted and the food court was closed by the time I wandered up there around 7:30. Oh well, I guess I am not missing much with all 5 different restaurants... And I ended up going to a little Italian eatery which boasts the best pizza in Rochester. Umm... well, I guess it was okay, but I've definitely had better. I will have to try the Best Restaurant in Rochester that's just across the street soon too.
Anyhow, hopefully things will pick up from here. The weather is deteriorating outside and there is a thunderstorm warning on TV. Hope it clears up by the morning since I don't need any more complications on my drive. Here's to hoping I won't get lost again tomorrow...
The internship is interesting and so far it's all hands-on with me setting up some hardware/software and going through the process a customer would go through during regular updates and maintenance. I doubt there will be enough of this for me to do for the two weeks though!
After work I came back to the hotel for a nap and headed out for dinner. The "mall" near the hotel was pretty much deserted and the food court was closed by the time I wandered up there around 7:30. Oh well, I guess I am not missing much with all 5 different restaurants... And I ended up going to a little Italian eatery which boasts the best pizza in Rochester. Umm... well, I guess it was okay, but I've definitely had better. I will have to try the Best Restaurant in Rochester that's just across the street soon too.
Anyhow, hopefully things will pick up from here. The weather is deteriorating outside and there is a thunderstorm warning on TV. Hope it clears up by the morning since I don't need any more complications on my drive. Here's to hoping I won't get lost again tomorrow...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home