Neverlost 1 - Everlost 0
This is Peter, reporting live from the Hilton Garden Inn in exciting Rochester, Minnesota. It's only 8:30pm here, but everything has pretty much closed already. I wonder if things are more exciting at the Mayo clinic?! I blew my daily meal allowance in one meal at Red Lobster which is just across the street from the hotel. I guess I am expected to live on McDonald's or something for the rest of the time here.
Anyhow, I had a first today in that I got to ride on a bus from terminal 2 to this tiny terminal located away from everything to ride on a regional jet to get to Minneapolis. Oh well, I should be thankful that it was actually a jet since there were lots of prop planes parked outside. I did get some good sleep on the plane even though the trip was only around 2 hours.
The exciting part of the day is that I got the Hertz Neverlost system in my rental car (hopefully work will actually pay for it). The good thing is that I had no problem at all getting from Minneapolis to Rochester. The bad thing is that I was dumb enough to put in the address of the hotel instead of selecting the hotel as a POI (point of interest) and drove right past the hotel. Oh well, it was all good, and I think I will invest in a GPS navigation unit for my car. Oh yeah, also when I was renting my car Rob Ducey from the Blue Jays was renting too. Hehe, the face looked somewhat familiar but no name came to my mind. Funny thing the lady doing my rentals noticed the World Series ring he had on and the three of us started chatting. I guess people in Minnesota are pretty excited with the Twins in the playoffs. :-) It was fun to chat about the Jays and their progress this year. Haha, a calculated risk indeed with AJ Burnett...
Anyhow, this is it for now. Tomorrow is my first full day and I get to go to IBM... And maybe to the Mall of Americas this weekend. Oh the excitement to come is just too much!
Anyhow, I had a first today in that I got to ride on a bus from terminal 2 to this tiny terminal located away from everything to ride on a regional jet to get to Minneapolis. Oh well, I should be thankful that it was actually a jet since there were lots of prop planes parked outside. I did get some good sleep on the plane even though the trip was only around 2 hours.
The exciting part of the day is that I got the Hertz Neverlost system in my rental car (hopefully work will actually pay for it). The good thing is that I had no problem at all getting from Minneapolis to Rochester. The bad thing is that I was dumb enough to put in the address of the hotel instead of selecting the hotel as a POI (point of interest) and drove right past the hotel. Oh well, it was all good, and I think I will invest in a GPS navigation unit for my car. Oh yeah, also when I was renting my car Rob Ducey from the Blue Jays was renting too. Hehe, the face looked somewhat familiar but no name came to my mind. Funny thing the lady doing my rentals noticed the World Series ring he had on and the three of us started chatting. I guess people in Minnesota are pretty excited with the Twins in the playoffs. :-) It was fun to chat about the Jays and their progress this year. Haha, a calculated risk indeed with AJ Burnett...
Anyhow, this is it for now. Tomorrow is my first full day and I get to go to IBM... And maybe to the Mall of Americas this weekend. Oh the excitement to come is just too much!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home