Friday, October 27, 2006

Even more certified (or is that certifiable???)

Oh what a fun day of work... Woke up and got ready to work from home at 8 and sat around doing not much until the meeting at 9. Yet another useless discussion about morale and issues that need to be addressed. There really is only two things at hand in my opinion (and seems that way based on our survey results), compensation and time (work-life balance). I mean it's bad enough that we are officially referred to as resources, but continually chipping away at benefits/compensation (where did my stock benefit go??? 15% to 5%? Bonus pay? Hello??? Stop changing the system every year so it minimizes payout, etc etc) while increasing workload is not exactly the best method to increase morale.

Anyhow, left work and headed to Kitchener to write my certification test. It was a bit harder than the assessment since the distribution of questions weighed more on the memorizing feature numbers (which any sane person would look up on the computer or in a book) and how to use those feature numbers. Oh well, in the end, I still owned the test, just not by as much as I expected. Oh joy, now I have even more useless IBM certifications!

Anyways, that was about all the excitement for the day... well, that plus I got to have pho during a weekday! Oh my goodness! I must stop messing up my meticulous weekly schedule!!! :-)

PS. The new album "The Black Parade" from My Chemical Romance is an enjoyable listen! Give it a try (^_^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home